Monday, December 29, 2008

Question: Do we ever really know what to do?

Uhh this is just me rambling incoherently about something I was thinking and haven’t fully developed, but yeah…here ya go. Help me!--if you are getting the gist, help me to make more sense of it...haha.

From my point of view, life is just one decision after the next. Each decision has its own consequences; good or bad. Its basically just a domino effect. It can be dwindled down to the most intensely small decisions where this effect takes place. For instance: The choice of which way to go home, taking this road (that’s faster) or this road (that usually has less traffic). This decision although seemingly small can have huge effects on your life. Your car over heats in traffic-->you must call AAA-->the man who comes to help is great looking-->you go on a date-->and bam! You have got a life long relationship of ups and downs but ultimate happiness. The smallest choices can have the largest impacts.

So, here comes the counter to a realization such as this. How much thought should be put into daily decisions? Previous to…well now I have put so much thought, effort, and organization into my life as to avoid all negative repercussions. Well, terrible, stupid things still happened regardless of my efforts. So, now…I am turning dramatically into a different direction. I do not mean to say that life should be lived carelessly at the will of the wind; but something like it. Make the choices as they come based on your desires right then and there. Do I want to make a personal blog? As a matter of fact, I do. Perhaps one day I will become big in Japan at first--only to spread my word across the continents. Who knows? On a more serious note, things happen for a reason. The people you meet, and get to know…are instrumental in developing oneself. The roads you take, and the paths avoided will direct, or save you from countless interactions that all add up. So pay attention, don’t stress it, but don’t let the moments pass either. Take them in when they come, and experience them fully; good bad or ugly, they make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment